Ailurus makes Linux easier to use. You can study Linux skills, install some nice applications and change GNOME settings by this small application.
Recently Ailurus 10.03.2 is released. It brings a host of new features.
Improvement in "Install software" pane:
* Add Typespeed, in "Install software"->"Common"->"Game". Typespeed help you practice typing.
* Add Firefox stable version repository.
* Add NScript in "Install software"->"Common"->"Enhancement".
NScripts is a collection of useful Nautilus scripts. NScripts help you change the background, create/check MD5 checksums, create a diff, create shortcuts via Nautilus.
* Add Extcalc, in “Install software”->”For students”->”Mathematics”.
Extcalc is an excellent multifunctional graphic calculator.
* Add Fcitx, in “Install software”->”Common”->”Enhancement”.
Fcitx is a popular Chinese input method.
* Improve VirtualBox installation.
VirtualBox will be installed from repository.
* Improve CUPS installation.
Improvement in "System setting" pane:
* We can change the layout of window title bar buttons. This function is in "System settings" pane.
There are "GNOME Classic layout", "Ubuntu Lucid layout" and "MAC OS X Layout".
* We can hide "file/folder size" column of Nautilus list view. In this way we can speed up Nautilus.
* We can change the name of “My computer”, “Home folder”, “Network servers” and “Trash” icons.
* Add some system settings.
Improvement in "System information" pane:
* Improve Java version display in "Linux information" pane.
Improvement in "Fastest repository" pane:
* Improve repository detection. 60% detection time is reduced.
* Automatically save repository response time.
* We can merge separate repository configuration into /etc/apt/sources.list
* When you are using more than one repositories, and you change repository configuration, then you can choose which repository you want to replace.
Improvement in GUI:
* Improve splash window.
* Merge menu bar and tool bar.
* Improve toolbar icons.
Improvement in "Quick setup" function:
* We can skip network detection.
* We can skip repository speed detection.
* Improve the way in which you install Ailurus.
Formerly “./configure; make; make install”. Now “python setup.py install”. The installation is much faster now.
Ailurus can be installed by these commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ailurus
If you are using Ubuntu 8.04~9.04, you can install Ailurus according to the instruction on https://launchpad.net/~ailurus/+archive/ppa .
Incoming search terms:
- ailurus repository
- werkt ailurus onder windows xp
- ailurus install repository
- ubuntu 10 03
- ubuntu apt-get extcalc