Banshee is an open-source media player, originally called Sonance until 2005. Built upon Mono and Gtk#, it uses the Helix and GStreamer multimedia platform for encoding and decoding various media formats, including Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and FLAC. Banshee can play and import audio CDs and supports many portable media players, including Apple's iPod, Android devices and Creative's ZEN players.Other features include Last.fm integration, album artwork fetching, smart playlists and podcast support. Banshee is released under the terms of the MIT License and is available for Linux as well as Mac OS X operating systems.
What is new in 1.9.2
Banshee 1.9.2 is a development release, the third of the 1.9.x series leading up to Banshee 2.0.
* Add support for Nexus S and Xperia X10 mini pro
* Many improvements and fixes to the F1 user guide
* SoundMenu: Implement the proper close/quit behavior
* MPRIS: Implement the Playlists interface
* Improved write-metadata-to-file performance
Install Banshee 1.9.2 in ubuntu
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/banshee-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install banshee