Banshee 1.9.4 released and PPA installation instructions included
Banshee is an open-source media player, originally called Sonance until 2005.Built upon Mono and Gtk#, it uses the Helix and GStreamer multimedia platform for encoding and decoding various media formats, including Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and FLAC. Banshee can play and import audio CDs and supports many portable media players, including Apple's iPod, Android devices and Creative's ZEN players.Other features include Last.fm integration, album artwork fetching, smart playlists and podcast support. Banshee is released under the terms of the MIT License and is available for Linux as well as Mac OS X operating systems. A build for Windows is currently in preparation.
What is new in Banshee 1.9.4
Notable Bug Fixes (25 fixed since 1.9.3!)
* AmazonMp3.Store: Fix the server ‘Home' redirect
* Misc theme and string fixes
* bgo#638541: Don't try to find subtitle files for music
* Fix the position label when the stream ends
* TrackInfoDisplay: Don't display last track when idle
* bgo#631207: Services: Prevent null LastSyncedStamp
* bgo#614530: Fixed a ListView glitch
* bgo#642717: SoundMenu: don't call BlacklistMediaPlayer on startup
Install Banshee 1.9.4 using PPA
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/banshee-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install banshee
thanks for info.
i think banshee can also be installed from the ubuntu software center
Banshee can play and import audio CDs….
Into mp3 for easy cross platform support?