GHC is a state-of-the-art, open source, compiler and interactive environment for the functional language Haskell. Highlights:
* GHC supports the entire Haskell 98 language plus a wide variety of extensions.
* GHC has particularly good support for concurrency and parallelism, including support for Software Transactional Memory (STM).
* GHC generates fast code, particularly for concurrent programs. Take a look at GHC's performance on The Computer Language Benchmarks Game.
* GHC works on several platforms including Windows and most varieties of Unix, and several different processor architectures. There are detailed instructions for porting GHC to a new platform.
* GHC has extensive optimisation capabilities, including inter-module optimisation.
* GHC compiles Haskell code either by using an intermediate C compiler (GCC), or by generating native code on some platforms. The interactive environment compiles Haskell to bytecode, and supports execution of mixed bytecode/compiled programs.
* Profiling is supported, both by time/allocation and various kinds of heap profiling.
* GHC comes with a wide range of libraries.
Haskell is an advanced purely functional programming language. An open source product of more than twenty years of cutting edge research, it allows rapid development of robust, concise, correct software. With strong support for integration with other languages, built-in concurrency and parallelism, debuggers, profilers, rich libraries and an active community, Haskell makes it easier to produce flexible, maintainable high-quality software.
Install GHC in ubuntu 10.10
Open the terminal and run the following command
sudo apt-get install haskell-platform
sudo apt-get install ghc6
After installing you check this user guide for more information.
Incoming search terms:
- install ghc ubuntu
- ubuntu synaptic
- haskell ubuntu
- download ghc package for ubuntu 14 04
- Haskell install synaptic
- install ghc ubuntu 10 10
- mer ghc