Hey i install ubuntu 10.04 this morning... A gud experience till that when i came to know that there in no nm (network-manager) applet in my panel as a result of which i m unable to connect to the wireless network.
Open the terminal type "sudo edit /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf" change the "managed=false" to "managed=true" and then save it.
then in the terminal type "killall nm-system-settings"
and then reboot.
right click panel>add to panel>Notification Area
Bug reported here
Source from here
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu network manager missing
- network manager applet missing
- network manager applet
- network manager icon missing
- ubuntu network manager icon missing
- network manager applet ubuntu
- ubuntu network manager applet missing
- ubuntu network manager applet
- ubuntu network applet missing
- gnome network manager applet missing