You will need a computer with hyperterminal (included with windows XP) to send AT commands to the modem. I'm sure there is a way to do this from Ubuntu -- someone with more expertise can correct me here. For now just borrow your friend's XP netbook while he is looking the other way. Please note that Vista no longer includes hyperterminal -- see here for information on alternatives.
1. Connect your ZTE MF626 to the USB port of your computer with hyperterminal on it. The modem will automatically install the appropriate drivers and launch the User Interface (UI).
2. Determine the COM port of the modem by inspecting the modem properties under Modems in the Device Manager (do not get confused with ZTE Dianostics Interface or others).
3. Close the UI and open hyperterminal (or equivalent) and connect to the appropriate COM port using these parameters:
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: None
4. Input the following command (you may wish to turn on local echo so you can see what you are typing):
You should receive the following back in confirmation:
Close autorun state result(0:FAIL 1:SUCCESS):1
5. Close the hyperterminal connection and unplug the modem. Your modem is now reconfigured to be plug and play in Ubuntu.
6. Connect you modem to your Ubuntu computer. In the NetworkManager Applet you should find the option to create a new mobile broadband connection. Do so with the location and APN appropriate to you ISP.
You should now be able to connect successfully to the internet and your modem should function as a plug and play device in Ubuntu. This works by disabling the self installation and autorun features which would otherwise cause Ubuntu to detect the modem as a CD-ROM. If you wish to revert the modem to it's orginal settings to allow atomatic UI installation on windows PCs the command to do so is: AT+ZCDRUN=9 (administered by hyperterminal as above)
Credit goes here
Incoming search terms:
- zte mf100 ubuntu
- zte ubuntu
- zte hsdpa mf100 telepítése
- zte modem driver for ubuntu
- zte mf680 ubuntu
- how to nstall zte modem in linux
- zte modem linux
- zte mf100 linux
- zte mf626 ubuntu
- zte drivers for ubuntu