Java for Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000/2008/Offline (http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=39494)
AirVideo (Apple iTunes)
AirVideo Server for Windows (http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/download/Setup225.exe)
Procedure to follow
1. If you haven't installed wine then do so using the following command from your terminal (Applications menu -> Accessories -> Terminal)
sudo apt-get install wine
and then run
to create a WinXP default application set.
2. Java -- Download and install the full install win32 version of Java.
wget http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=39494 -O java-winxp.exe
( the "-O java-winxp.exe" saves the download as "java-winxp.exe" -- I had a huge long file name when we downloaded the file).
Once the download is complete, run the setup
The GUI installer will run, just "Next" it until it completes. It will tell you that it can't run the "Windows Java Virtual Machine" -- just ignore it.
3. Download and install InMethod's AirVideo server
Run the setup using the following command
The AirVideo server GUI installer will run, again just "Next" it until it completes.
Now go to "Applications" -- "Wine" -- "Programs" -- "AirVideo Server" -- "AirVideo Server".
The AirVideo properties window will appear, and you just need to add your video directories using the "Add Disk Folder" button.
4. Firestarter -- Open Firestarter ("System" -- "Administration" -- "Firestarter").
Click on the Policy tab, and add a new "Inbound traffic policy" by clicking on the green "Plus" symbol.
In the new window "Add new inbound rule", click in the "Port" text box and enter "45631" (without the quotes).
5. Fire up the "App Store" on your iPhone and install AirVideoFree (It is a limited version by as it's free you can test it).
Once installed, open AirVideo and click on "Servers". Click on the "Plus" symbol and then "Specify Address Manually". In the "Location" text box enter your computers name or Fixed IP Address, and hit "Save".
Your computer should now be listed under the Servers window. Click on the tab and it will display all of the shared directories that you previously set up on the AirVideo Server. Browse through your video collection.
Full Credit goes here
Incoming search terms:
- stream video to ipad from linux
- stream video from ubuntu to ipad
- ubuntu stream video to ipad
- linux stream video to ipad
- stream video from linux to iphone
- ubuntu stream to ipad
- stream from ubuntu to iphone
- stream video from linux to ipad
- linux stream to ipad
- stream video linux ipad