This tutorial will exoplain how to upgrade from ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) to Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) desktop and server editions
Before you start
* You can directly upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS .
* Be sure that you apply all updates to your current version of Ubuntu before you upgrade.
* Before upgrading, it is recommended that you read the release notes for Ubuntu 10.10, which document caveats and workarounds for known issues in this version.
* Take a complete backup of your system
Network upgrade for Ubuntu desktops
You can easily upgrade over the network with the following procedure.
1. Start System/Administration/Update Manager.
2. Click the Check button to check for new updates.
3. If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
4. A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
5. Click Upgrade.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Network upgrade for Ubuntu servers
1.Install update-manager-core if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
2.edit /etc/update-manager/release-upgrades and set Prompt=normal
3.Launch the upgrade tool:
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Incoming search terms:
- upgrade ubuntu 10 04 to 10 10
- lucid maverik upgrade
- How to upgrade ubuntu 10 04 to 10 10
- upgrade 10 04 to 10 10
- upgrade ubuntu 10 10
- ubuntu 10 04 to 10 10
- upgrade maverick
- lucid do-release-upgrade
- update ubuntu 10 04 to 10 10
- update ubuntu server 10 04