Install unity in ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick)
Unity is the default UI for Ubuntu Netbook Edition. The easiest way to test it is to install the Netbook Edition of the 10.10
with a standard ubuntu-desktop edition
1. Run just sudo apt-get install ubuntu-netbook
2. This will add in GDM a "Ubuntu Netbook Edition" menu option when you click on your username. Select it and login to get the Unity interface.
Install unity in ubuntu 10.04 LTS (lucid)
Unity is primarily built for maverick (10.10), but we are conscious that some people want to test it on lucid. For those, we have setup a PPA and backport unity component to lucid.
If you are on Lucid, load a terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:canonical-dx-team/une
sudo apt-get update.
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-netbook-unity-default-settings
Logout and choose in GDM your "Ubuntu Unity Netbook Edition" menu option when you click on your username.
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu unity screenshot
- unity ubuntu
- ubuntu 10 04 with unity
- unity 10 04 ppa
- install unity in ubuntu 10 04 lts
- pic unity
- unity in ubuntu 10 04 lts
- unity on ubuntu 10 04 lts
- unity lucid ppa
- unity 10 04 lts ubuntu