Our primary focus is to create a peerless environment for learning Perl and creating Perl scripts, modules and distributions, with an extensible plug-in system to support the addition of related functionality and languages and to support advanced developers taking the editor anywhere they want it to go.
* Customizable syntax highlighting for many languages
* Syntax checking for Perl 5 and Perl 6
* Refactoring tools for Perl 5 and Perl 6
* Context sensitive help and code completion
* Extra features for advanced programmers
* Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
* Free and Open Source under the "Perl license"
* Written in Perl 5
Install Padre in ubuntu
Open the terminal and run the following command
sudo apt-get install padre
For ubuntu 10.10 users run the following two extra commands after above installation
sudo dpkg --install libwx-perl_0.9702-1_i386.deb