- play and manage (create, add more music, delete, rename, ...) your stations
- rate played songs and let pandora explain why they have been selected
- show upcoming songs/song history
- configure keybindings
- last.fm scrobbling support (external application)
- proxy support for listeners outside the USA
Install pianobar on ubuntu
Preparing your system
Open the terminal and run the following command
sudo apt-get install build-essential libao-dev libmad0-dev libfaad-dev
Now download pianobar source code from here
Extract the source file
tar xvf Promy*.tar.gz
Compile the program
sudo make install
Now you can start the program and follow the prompts to log in.
Press "+" if you want to give the song a thumbs up.
Press "-" if you want to give the song a thumbs down.
Press "N" to skip the song.
act_stationdelete = d -- Delete current station.
act_songexplain = e -- Explain why this song is played.
act_stationaddbygenre = g -- Add genre station provided by pandora.
act_history = h -- Show history.
act_songinfo = i -- Print information about currently played song/station.
act_addshared = j -- Add shared station by id. id is a very long integer without "sh" at the beginning.
act_songmove = m -- Move current song to another station
act_songnext = n -- Skip current song.
act_songpause = p -- Pause/Continue
act_quit = q -- Quit pianobar.
act_stationrename = r -- Rename currently played station.
Incoming search terms:
- linux pandora command line
- pandora command line linux
- linux pandora client
- pandora linux command line
- pianobar ubuntu
- download pianobar
- pandora linux client
- pandora for linux
- pianobar ubuntu 12 10
- ubuntu pianobar