1. Install the proper DVD & Codecs files so you can play a DVD in your drive using Totem, etc. (works with 7.10 / 7.04 / 8.04/8.10 and 32-bit / 64-bit).
2. Back-up Your /home folders using TAR compression
3. Back-up Your / folders using TAR compression
4. Back-up Your Configuration files separately (fstab, device.map, mtab, menu.lst, and xorg.conf) using TAR
5. Image your Ubuntu Operating System, Master Boot Record (MBR), and Partition Table.
6. Create a Custom Scheduled (Recurring) Back-up (daily, weekly, or monthly). You decide the exact date and
7. Create a Scheduled 1:1 Synchronized Back-Up of Selected Folders to Another Drive/Partition.
8. Restore Your System /home folders
9. Restore Your / folders
10. Restore Your configuration files
11. Install some common applications (aMSN, aMSN fix, Firestarter, AllTray, and a few others). Nice when you're starting from scratch (clean install)
12. House Cleaning (delete unnecessary files throughout your computer).
13. View or Edit Your Key Files (fstab, menu.lst, and xorg.conf).
14. Back-up Your Master Boot Record (MBR).
15. Back-up Your Windows Partition (dual booters) While in Ubuntu.
16. Format Windows Partition in NTFS with gParted.
17. Restore Your Master Boot Record (MBR).
18. Restore Your Windows Back-Up While in Ubuntu.
19. Download Updates/Upgrades with a click of the mouse.
Install Quickstart in Ubuntu
First you need to download Install_QuickStart.sh file from here you should see similar to the following screen here click on save this will save on your desktop
For 64-bit users install the following packages so your system can run 32-bit applications
sudo apt-get install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0
Now you need to right-click on the downloaded file and select Properties.In the Properties window,click on Permissions tab and check Allow executing file as program click on Close
Next double-click on the Install_QuickStart.sh and select Run in Terminal
Enter your password and quickstart installation will be completed.
If you want to open go to Applications > Accessories > QuickStart.If quickstart found new version you might see A new version available message when you start QuickStart. Click on OK to continue Once quickstart opens you should see similar to the following screen
Now we will install one application from Install common Applications for this you need to select option 10 click ok
You should see available applications here select your application and click ok to install.
One more example select Baclup/Restore Ubuntu option click ok
Select your choice to Backup/restore click ok
One more example select Housecleaning option click ok
Select your option and click ok
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu quickstart
- quickstart ubuntu
- quick start ubuntu
- ubuntu quick start
- backup restore ubuntu 14 04 new computer
- restore from backup from quick start 2007 to quick start 2008
- ubuntu quickstart backup