Am I doing something wrong?
My Update Manager is downloading at a rate of about 1Mb/day! The System Monitor shows that about 100 to 400 bytes are downloaded every 5 seconds or so. I have no trouble using e-mail or Firefox at normal speed.
Is there anything I can do to improve things?
I've installed Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) on an ancient Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 laptop. (Pentium III/700MHz CPU, 128MB PC100 SDRAM)
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu update slow
- ubuntu update manager slow
- ubuntu updates slow
- ubuntu slow updates
- ubuntu update slow download
- synaptic package manager slow download
- ubuntu slow update
- razer update manager very slow
- ubuntu update-manager
- ubuntu 14 04 slow with software updater