Symbolic links really shine when it comes to a dual boot system. This is especially so in the case of linking your /home/Music folder in Ubuntu, to your Windows iTunes folder. Doing this means only one folder needs to be maintained and any music program you installed on Ubuntu will load your Windows music library.
To do this you will need to have your Windows partition mounted. Next open up terminal and do the following.
> cd /home
> rm -r Music
> ln -s /media/WINDOWSDRIVENAME/Users/USERNAME/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Music/ Music
Now when you install Songbird or open Rhythmbox, you will have instant access to your main music library.
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu 13 04 link music folder
- ubuntu music soft link
- ubuntu how to create symlink for music
- ubuntu link to windows music
- ubuntu link windows libraries to home
- ubuntu music library
- ubuntu music location
- add music folder to music libray in ubuntu
- ubuntu soft link music folder
- ubuntu symlink music folder