Codenamed "Raring Ringtail", 13.04 continues Ubuntu's proud tradition of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution. The team has been hard at work through this cycle, introducing new features and fixing bugs.
Ubuntu 13.04 is the version of the Ubuntu operating system planned to be released on April 25, 2013. The common name given to this release is "Raring Ringtail".
Ubuntu Desktops 12.10 to 13.04
You can easily upgrade over the network with the following procedure.
- Run the update-manager -d application from the Unity Dash or a command line
- In Update Manager, click the Settings... button, and enter your password to start the Software Sources application.
- Select the sub menu Updates from the Software Sources application.
- Confirm the "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version:" option is set to "For any new version", and change it if otherwise.
- Close the Software Sources application and return to Update Manager.
- In Update Manager, click the Check button to check for new updates.
- If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
- A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
- Click Upgrade.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
For Ubuntu 12.10 Servers
Install update-manager-core if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
Launch the upgrade tool:
Follow the on-screen instructions.