Now, go ahead to the next window. Here, most of the settings are your preferences. But here are the typical settings for anyone.If you're a Linux fan, you're probably using it. Ubuntu is the most widely supported Linux distribution. Almost every Linux user is familiar with it. Here's a little tip. You can use Ubuntu's Evolution Mail (also comes with many other Linux distributions) to manage your Gmail account. And it's pretty easy.
First of all, you need to enable IMAP in your account. For that, go to Settings, and then click the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP' tab there.
Then, enable IMAP forwarding in here.
Now, just open up Evolution Mail from Applications -> Office -> Evolution Mail and Calendar and follow the following steps:
- Now, you'll get the first time setup wizard. Click Forward in the first window.
- Then it'll ask you if you want to setup Evolution from a backup. You don't want to do that. So, skip this.
- Next window, type in your name and your email (yes, the Gmail one), like I have done here.
- Next, make sure you have the following settings (click the image to see a bigger version):
- Now, go ahead to the next window. Here, most of the settings are your preferences. But here are the typical settings for anyone.
- Once, more on the next step, make sure your settings are the same as mine here:
- After this, you're done. The next step will ask you what you want to name this mailbox. I named mine ‘Gmail'. You can choose your own name too.
- Congratulations. The next window will tell you that you're done. You can now click ‘Apply' there and start using Evolution.
- It will ask you your password to download your messages. Type it in, and you may check the box below it so that it will remember it for you.
Enjoy your new mail client.
Incoming search terms:
- evolution gmail
- gmail evolution
- evolution mail
- ubuntu evolution gmail
- evolution mail gmail
- gmail on evolution
- how to use evolution
- evolution and gmail
- gmail in evolution
- evolution with gmail