While some other programs offer similar services (e.g. Ninan, Sabnzbd), URD doesn't need external NZB files to function. URD lets you subscribe to newsgroups, and will then automatically analyse those articles to form downloadable ‘sets', consisting of all the files belonging to a specific upload. These sets are displayed, and through point and click you can be downloading a binary in no time.
That isn't to say that NZB files are unsupported. URD allows both exporting of NZB files (from a set, for example) and importing.
What can and can't URD do?
* Authentication to newsserver
* Encryption of newsserver connection (TLS & SSLv2)
* Multiple newsserver connections
* Automatic detection of max. newsserver connections
* Downloading newsgroup headers (Xover)
* Downloading compressed newsgroup headers (Xzver)
* Computing sets from individual articles
* Importing sets from RSS feeds
* Schedule periodic newsgroup updates
* Download from an NZB file
* Download binary as an NZB file
* Periodically check if URD is up to date
* Preview function to quickly see .jpg / .nfo files in a set
* Cross-site Request Forgery (XSRF) protection
* (Smarty) Templates
* Multiple languages (EN/NL/DE/FR/SE)
* Multiple newsserver support
* User defined scripts can be run after a download completes
* Upload to newsservers
* Read posts in non-alt.binaries newsgroups
* Automatic update to newer version without having to reinstall URD
* Automatically install new templates
Install URD in ubuntu
Download .deb package from here now you need to install .deb package by double clicking on it or using the following command from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i urd_1.0.5-1_all.deb
After the first installation...
there are probably two things you need to change:
Change PHP's max memory usage:
sudo vi /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
memory_limit = 128M
Uncomment the include path (for Smarty):
sudo vi /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
include_path = ".:/usr/share/php"
URD configuration and installation:
Now you can start the installation by accessing the URD website address!
(http://[YOUR IP-ADDRESS OR HOSTNAME]/urd/)
Incoming search terms:
- urd ubuntu
- ubuntu urd
- usenet downloader ubuntu
- Usenet Resource Downloader
- ubuntu usenet downloader
- usenet resource downloader ubuntu
- urdtutorial com