* The plugin automatically inserts the video pointed to into the conversation when an appropriate link is sent or received.
* Every video has a toggle button which allows you to show or hide the video.
* The default behaviour for a new video link is customizable from the "Configure Plugin" menu. You can choose whether to show the video instantly or to hide it by default.
* Supported video sites are CollegeHumor, Dailymotion, Google Video, Metacafe, MySpace Video, Trilulilu (all the stuff: audio, images and video), Vimeo, Yahoo! Video and Youtube.
* It works with the Ubuntu version of Pidgin. It should work on every Linux distribution as far as the requirements are met.
Note:- First of all, be sure that you have downloaded and installed Pidgin and Adobe Flash Player
Install Pidgin Embedded Video plugin in ubuntu
First you need to download .deb package from here or use the following command from your terminal
Install this .deb package by double clicking or use the following command from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i pidgin-embeddedvideo_1.1-2_i386.deb
If you want to uninstall the plugin, run the following command from your terminal
sudo apt-get remove pidgin-embeddedvideo
Incoming search terms:
- pidgin embedded video ubuntu
- pidgin embedded video linux
- pidgin embedded ubuntu 12
- unit10 watch conversation 2
- video plugin for pidgin ubuntu
- watch video directly
- watching videos on Ubuntu