Ailurus 10.05 is released now
Ailurus is an application that makes Linux easier to use. It helps you install some nice software, clean unused software, backup APT status and so on.
Now version 10.05 is released. This version brings the following new features:
- Adjusting the layout of software installation interface, in order to free more space.
- Add some popular software.
- Enhance system cleaning up function. Be able to clean up residual configuration files, and Nautilus cache.
- Be able to use multiple sources.
- Add some GNOME settings item.
- Show details of CPU level 1 cache and level 2 cache.
- Add computer doctor function. Be able to detect system problems and help you repair problems.
There are a total of 65 improvement. Here is a detailed change log.
To install Ailurus, please run these commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ailurus
Or download deb files from http://code.google.com/p/ailurus/downloads/list
Ailurus can not install programs that do not open source. However, you can manually install a extension. The command is:
wget 'http://github.com/homerxing/Ailurus/raw/master/unfree/for_ubuntu.py' -O ~/.config/ailurus/for_ubuntu.py
When using Ailurus, if you encounter this error:
UnknownMethodException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Unknown method: drop_priviledge is not a valid method of interface cn.ailurus.Interface
Don't panic. Please restart your computer, then this problem is solved.