Atheros 5007EG with madwifi on i386 platform
This guide only works on i386 platforms, so if you're running an x64 linux, then you've to try again with ndiswrapper or wait for a new solution from atheros and madwifi.
1. Open you terminal
2. Get this version of madwifi:
wget -c http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special/madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz
3. Untar the downloaded package:
tar xvf madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz
4. Get inside the unpacked directory:
5. If you haven't compiled anything from source before on your linux then you propably need the build essential package:
sudo apt-get update && sudo aptitude install build-essential
6. Now you can build your madwifi and install the modules:
sudo make install
sudo modprobe ath_pci
sudo modprobe wlan_scan_sta
The last 2 commands can cause some complications on some systems. If they do check your System >> Administration >> Restricted Drivers Manager and disable atheros here. Then try again.
7. Now restart your computer and you should be able to see any aviable networks in your Network Manager.
missing snapshot help me
this is old please post new
Jeeeeeeeeee me too. We need new one – actual information.
none of the madwifi are valid, none. I saw a couple of posts and every time I tried following the instructions I got stuck trying to get a package from madwifi. Is there even a patch for AR5007EG at the moment for Ubunbu 10.04? if so, where can I find it. right now I can’t use aireplay since the authentication never takes place, it fails and I need the patch to make it work.
They moved the entire site from “madwifi.org” to “madwifi-project.org” and the right link is http://snapshots.madwifi-project.org/special/madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz