BleachBit 0.8.0 released and ubuntu installation instructions included
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
* Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
* Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
* Free of charge
* Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
* Free of adware, spyware, and malware
* Translated to 37 languages: Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Low German, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Tamil, Thai and Turkish.
* Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
* Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
* Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
* Portable app for Windows: run without installation
* Command line interface for scripting and automation
* CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
* Frequent software updates with new features
The following changes have been made since 0.7.4:
* Add whitelisting feature, so certain files and folders are not modified. Setup your whitelist in the preferences dialog. The whitelist feature supports all the standard operations including delete, shred, truncate, and vacuum, but it doesn't affect files deleted by third-party software (yum and apt). Files that are whitelisted are clearly marked in the BleachBit log.
* Specific to Linux
o Delete recent documents in GNOME 2.28 -- 2.30 (e.g., Ubuntu Karmic Kaola, Lucid Lynx, Fedora 13).
o Use GTK+ Recent Manager to purge recent documents list.
o Support Thunderbird 3 as found on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04.
o Introduce .rpm package for Fedora 13 (Goddard).
* Specific to Windows
o Avoid triggering a false positive in BitDefender Antivirus 2010.
Install BleachBit 0.8.0 in ubuntu
Download .deb package from here once you have .deb package install this by doublr clicking on it or by using the following command from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i bleachbit_0.8.0-1_all_ubuntu1004.deb
Very nice app,using it since the first release and still the best for the purpose.