Firefox 3.0 beta in Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 & other cribs
I use Firefox for ‘n' number of purposes and use a lot of add-ons or extensions; typically fire-ftp, universal uploader, and, MOST importantly, Google toolbar coz i cannot work without by Google bookmarks.
All these extensions are not available for 3.0 version. So Firefox becomes an IE for me.
Solution: I am still using my portable Firefox with wine. Performance is down but at least it's there.
- System still does not hibernate properly as was the issue with 7.10.
- Occasionally, a starting program just dies. Just dies. Just like a car that stops while you are driving it. I have not yet found a pattern in this.
- I have been using OOO in XP and always thought that there were several components to it like OOO math, base apart from the word/ppt/excel equivalents. But all these are missing in 8.04. All i get is a writer, impress, calc and draw. or are they hidden somewhere? & why?
- K3b, which is a fabulous application, still takes 35 years to open first time in a session... which is strange coz it didn't behave like this in 7.10
- Synaptic manager does not show Skype package on search which is painful coz skype site for linux downloads also keeps acting up.
- Ctrl+c, ctrl+v etc have stopped working in portable firefox under WINE though they were working perfectly in 7.10
................ overall, i am still to make up my mind if i like this or not.