Guayadeque – Nice music player
Music Player with the aims to be intuitive, easy to use and fast even for huge music collections. Developed for Linux with wxWidgets for GTK under Gnome.
* Play mp3, ogg, flac, wma, mpc, mp4, ape, etc
* Read and write tags in all supported formats
* Allow to catalogue your music using labels. Any track, artist or album can have as many labels you want
* Smart play mode that add tracks that fit your music taste using the tracks currently in play list
* Supports shotcast radios
* Ability to download covers manually or automatically from the internet
* Suggest music using last.fm service
* Allow fast access to any music file by genre, artist, album, etc
* Play shoutcast radios
* Allow to subscribe to podcasts and download all new episodes automatically or manually
* Dynamic or static play lists
* Tracks tag editor with automatically fetching of tags information for easily completion
* Lyrics downloads from different lyrics providers. etc
* Allow to resume play status and position when closed and reopened
* You can rate the tracks from 0 to 5 stars
* Mpris dbus interface support so it can easily controlled from music applets for example
Install guayadeque in Ubuntu karmic
Add PPA using the following command
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dtl131/mediahacks
Update source list using the following command
sudo apt-get update
Install guayadeque music player using the following command
sudo apt-get install guayadeque
iz dat bettar thaan Rhythmbox? yo?
A music player with mp3 player/ipos support is a must for me these days.
I just got rhythmbox to detect my Droid (which was easy once I looked for how to do it)
Does this have the same functionality?
Incredibly stable (pre-alpha?), I just switched from Banshee, which was wAy buggier…
I tried guayadeque-svn with a big collection of mp3 files (several thousand files).
After consuming 4Gb of ram (including swap space) I killed it :-/
Accepted in Debian:
guayadeque (0.2.5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Initial release (Closes: #579837).
guayadeque will be part of Ubuntu 10.10.
How to add Comments column in playlist ?