How to Install flock web browser in Ubuntu Hardy
Flock 1.1 integrates social networking and media services including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Blogger, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. When logging into any of the supported social services, Flock automatically activates these services within its features
- Flock can indicate when friends have updated their profile, uploaded photos or other items.
- Flock has internal features that allow sharing of text, links, photos and videos.
- Flock has its own "media bar" allowing preview of online videos and photos, and subscription to photo and video feeds.
- Flock's Feed Reader organizes Atom and RSS feeds.
- Flock's Blog Editor allows direct posting into a designated blog, along with being a blog reader.
- Flock's web mail component allows users to check web-based mail without going to the site, compose new messages, and drag and drop pictures and videos from the mediabar or webclipboard into a new email messege.
- Flock also allows for third-party add-ons, including a number of Firefox extensions.
Note:-- This source list will install some packages from third party source list so it might break your system
Install Flock web browser in Ubuntu Hardy
First you need to edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
add the following lines
deb http://www.salatti.net/repo/ hardy-salatti main contrib non-free
deb-src http://www.salatti.net/repo/ hardy-salatti main contrib non-free
save and exit the file.
Update the sourcelist using the following command
sudo aptitude update
And install Flock using the following command
sudo aptitude install flock
If you want to open flock browser go to Applications--->Internet--->Flock
When you open first time you should see similar to the following screen select your option and click on next
Flock web browser in action
Flock web browser version details