Howto setup Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu 9.10
You may not connect to your company private VPN via Juniper Network Connect. After You click on the [start] button of the Network Connect prompt on the Juniper Network VPN screen, You got the error message saying "JRE is disabled or not installed".
1. Install Sun Java runtime
2. Create a root password and give it to the Juniper setup program when it asks for it. You only need to do this on the first connect. Then ignore such request thereafter.
3. Restart the browser and start the Network Connect again. It should work.
1.Install Sun Java runtime
We have already discussed howto install JRE in ubuntu 9.10
2. Create a root password, by issuing the following command. You will be asked for your sudo password and then the new root password, as follows:
sudo passwd root
[sudo] password for <your-user-name-here>:
Enter new UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
passwd: password updated successfully
3. Now run Firefox and open your Juniper Private Network page, locate the Network Connect section and click the [start] button. Then the followings happen:
-- The Java console opens.
-- The installINC.sh window opens. When this window then asks for the root/su password, give it the root password that you created earlier. It asks something like this:
Please enter root/su password:
-- Now, close the Java console. You do not need it anymore.
-- Also, close the installINC.sh window, if it does not close by itself.
Now, the Network Connect windows opens. You can minimize it. But do not close it. You need to keep it open so that you can access your private network.
4. Now you can ssh to your private network and starting working.
5. After you are tired of working, log out of your private network and click on the [SignOut] button on the Network Connect window to close it.
Credit goes here