Install VLC 1.1.2 in Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid)
VLC media player is a media player, streamer, and encoder for Unix, Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, QNX, and PocketPC. It can play from many inputs like files, network streams, capture device, desktops, or DVD, SVCD, VCD, and audio CD. It can play most audio and video codecs (MPEG 1/2/4, H264, VC-1, DivX, WMV, Vorbis, AC3, AAC, etc.), but can also convert to different formats and/or send streams through the network.
What's new in 1.1.2
Quite soon after the 1.1.1, we were able to squash more annoying bugs, hence a new release for you!
* TS and DVB demuxing fixes
* Audio filters fixes to solve the "mono" bug
* Fix of the direct3d output module that display nothing on older nVidia and ATI cards, when overlay was activated
* Extensions and scrips updates
* Miscellaneous fixes in interfaces
* Updated translations
* Various crashes and errors fixed
Install vlc 1.1.2 in ubuntu 10.04
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome-media-player-development/development
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc