Midori – a lightweight web browser
* Full integration with GTK+2.
* Fast rendering with WebKit.
* Tabs, windows and session management.
* Bookmarks are stored with XBEL.
* Searchbox based on OpenSearch.
* Custom context menu actions.
* User scripts and user styles support.
* Extensible via Lua scripts.
Requirements: GTK+ 2.6, libsexy, WebkitGtk , libXML2
Install Midori Web Browser in ubuntu
Open your apt sources.list file for editing with the following terminal command:
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Add the following two lines to the bottom of the file
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/stemp/ubuntu gutsy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/stemp/ubuntu gutsy main
Save and exit the file
issue the following terminal command to update apt:
sudo aptitude update
Still in the terminal, enter the following command to install the package:
sudo aptitude install midori
For Ubuntu Jaunty Usersuse the following command to install
sudo apt-get install midori
This will complete the midori web browser installation.
If you want to open Midori go to Aplications--->Internet--->Midori Web Browser
Once it opens you should see similar to the following screen
Midori Web Browser Version Details