slurm – Realtime network interface monitor
* realtime traffic statistics divided into incoming and outgoing
* optional combined view
* can monitor any kind of network interface (testers welcome!)
* shows detailed statistics about the interface.
* it's themeable (since 0.3.0)
* contact me if you need anything else.
Install slurm in Ubuntu
sudo aptitude install slurm
This will complete the installation.
slurm [-hHz] [-csl] [-d delay] -i interface
If you want to monitor the eth0 network interface use the following command
slurm -i eth0
Output looks similar to the following screen