Task Coach – Your friendly task manager
Task Coach Features
Task Coach currently (0.78.4) has the following features:
* Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
* Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
* Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
* Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
* Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
* Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from Outlook or Thunderbird onto a task viewer.
* Attachments can be added to tasks, notes, and categories by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages from Outlook or Thunderbird, or URL's onto a task, note or category.
* Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
* Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
* Settings are persistent and saved automatically. The last opened file is loaded automatically when starting Task Coach.
* Tracking time spent on tasks. Tasks can have a budget. Time spent can be viewed by individual effort period, by day, by week, and by month.
* The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.
* Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (Comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
* Tasks, effort, notes, and categories can be printed. When printing, Task Coach prints the information that is visible in the current view, including any filters and sort order.
* Task Coach can be run from a removable medium.
* Tasks and notes can be synchronized via a Funambol server such as ScheduleWorld.
There is a todo-list application for iPhone and iPod Touch that can synchronize with Task Coach through the network, starting with version 0.73.2 of Task Coach. Main features are
* Hierarchical categories.
* Editing of task subject, description, dates and completed status.
* Tap on the task's led icon to mark it complete.
* Available in English and French.
Install Task Coach in Ubuntu
First you need to download .deb package from here or using the following command from your terminal
Install .deb packge using the following comamnd from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i taskcoach_0.78.4-1_all.deb