Ubun-student – Learn Ubuntu enhancement tricks
Ubun-student is an enhancement/configuration application. Its developers think that it is better to allow users to learn how to operate, than the mere provision of functionality, for Ubun-student. Therefore it aims at telling users Ubuntu enhancement tricks. After you launch it, a "Tip of the day" dialog appears, which contains 29 tricks about GConf keys and 9 tricks about Bash commands, such as how to clean-up Nautilus thumbnail cache, how to reclaim d-cache memory. There are also some tricks in tool-tip text.
This application also provides following functionality.
* Display information about BIOS, motherboard, CPU and battery.
* Change some GConf setting, such as hide desktop content, increase desktop font size.
* Configure Nautilus context menu.
* Install/remove some applications which are not provided in the official Ubuntu apt repository.
* Find the fastest apt repository mirror.
* Enable/disable some third party repositories, such as Google, WINE and Dropbox.
Recently the developers released a new version. It is worthy to be used.
How to install:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubun-student
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubun-student