UDAV – Application for data visualization based on MathGL
* Wide spectrum of graphics. At this moment (MathGL v.1.9) more than 55 general types of graphics are supported.
* There are smoothed lightning, transparency, TeX symbols and formulas, arbitrary curvelinear coordinates and a lot of other things (see MathGL features).
* Simple and fast data and formulas plotting:
o You can plot the data by one click (just type ‘udav datafile.dat' or open it in UDAV)
o You can see the script and graphical result at the same time.
o You can rotate, shift, zoom plot by toolbuttons or by mouse.
o You can switch on/off lightning and transparency.
o You can run animation.
* Table for data editing support up to 3-dimensional data arrays.
* Minimal set of tools for data handling (smoothing, resizing, cropping, filling by formula, summation, differentiation, histogram creation and so on).
* Export graphics to bitmap (PNG, JPEG or EPS) and vector (EPS or SVG) files.
Install UDAV in ubuntu
If you are running ubuntu lucid open the terminal and run the following command
sudo apt-get install udav
For other ubuntu version users
First you need to download UDAV .deb files from here and libmgl deb from here
Install downloaded .deb file using the following command from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i filename
The package manager says i need libmgl (>= 1.7). How do i install it?
Download libmgl from here http://ufp.appl.sci-nnov.ru/debian/pool/main/m/mathgl/
To install that i need: libltdl3 (>= 1.5.2-2)
Now try to run the following command from your terminal
sudo apt-get -f install
How do I install libltdl3 (>= 1.5.2-2)?
try to install the following package and try
sudo apt-get install libltdl3-dev
or download .deb file from here http://brasillivre.wordpress.com/2010/02/14/corrigindo-dependencia-de-libltdl3-do-iscan-no-ubuntu-9-10/