Its main display provides dual directory view panels that may serve as source and destination of a copy or move operation or just two different views of your files. A panel may also be used to view a directory tree, drive statistics or may be turned off altogether, making visible the output of previously executed commands.
A command line is also provided and operates in conjuction with the directory panels to make it much more powerful than a regular CLI including pasting file names from the panel, a command history recall window and command completion from history.
* Built in archive support including archives inside archives to any depth, with ZIP, ARJ, RAR, LZH, ACE, HA, TAR, GZip, 7ZIP and BZIP2 types currently supported.
* Text mode for speed and other advantages
* Mouse support.
* Full Unicode file name support.
* Full support for large files and volumes (up to 2^63 bytes).
* Online help.
* Many configuration options.
* Colourization of file and directory names by boolean expression.
* Built in file viewer with hex view mode and syntax highlighting.
* Built in editor with undo/redo, syntax highlighting and cut/copy/paste ability using the global clipboard.
* Code page translation function in viewer and editor.
* File Find facility combining wildcard file name filters with file contents scanning. Allows search/replace of text within matching files.
* Calculation of the total disk usage of a directory tree.
* Tree views for quick and easy directory changes.
* Intelligent execution of the different types of executables supported by OS/2 or Windows.
* User definable menu including powerful operators such as
o Run a command once for every tagged file.
o Automatically create a file containing a list of tagged files.
o Get input value from the user.
o List all tagged files in the parameter list, automatically running the command multiple times if the command line gets too long.
* Browsing of network servers & shares.
* Directory history for changing back to recently viewed directories.
* Easy creation of desktop objects.
* Enhanced wildcard handling including boolean operators (and, or, not, brackets) for combining multiple file name masks.
* Flexible file name filtering.
* Support for 4DOS/4OS2 descriptions
* Supports any number of display columns (minimum 80).
* Start DOS programs with session settings (OS/2 only)
Install file commander in ubuntu
Download debpackage from here once you have deb package you can install by double clicking on it.
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu file commander
- file commander ubuntu
- file commander
- file commander for ubuntu
- в стиле norton commander