Ailurus 10.03.2 is available for use.
Ailurus makes Linux easier to use. You can study Linux skills, install some nice applications and change GNOME settings by this small application.
Recently Ailurus 10.03.2 is released. It brings a host of new features.
Improvement in "Install software" pane:
* Add Typespeed, in "Install software"->"Common"->"Game". Typespeed help you practice typing.
* Add Firefox stable version repository.
* Add NScript in "Install software"->"Common"->"Enhancement".
NScripts is a collection of useful Nautilus scripts. NScripts help you change the background, create/check MD5 checksums, create a diff, create shortcuts via Nautilus.
* Add Extcalc, in “Install software”->”For students”->”Mathematics”.
Extcalc is an excellent multifunctional graphic calculator.
* Add Fcitx, in “Install software”->”Common”->”Enhancement”.
Fcitx is a popular Chinese input method.
* Improve VirtualBox installation.
VirtualBox will be installed from repository.
* Improve CUPS installation.
Improvement in "System setting" pane:
* We can change the layout of window title bar buttons. This function is in "System settings" pane.
There are "GNOME Classic layout", "Ubuntu Lucid layout" and "MAC OS X Layout".
* We can hide "file/folder size" column of Nautilus list view. In this way we can speed up Nautilus.
* We can change the name of “My computer”, “Home folder”, “Network servers” and “Trash” icons.
* Add some system settings.
Improvement in "System information" pane:
* Improve Java version display in "Linux information" pane.
Improvement in "Fastest repository" pane:
* Improve repository detection. 60% detection time is reduced.
* Automatically save repository response time.
* We can merge separate repository configuration into /etc/apt/sources.list
* When you are using more than one repositories, and you change repository configuration, then you can choose which repository you want to replace.
Improvement in GUI:
* Improve splash window.
* Merge menu bar and tool bar.
* Improve toolbar icons.
Improvement in "Quick setup" function:
* We can skip network detection.
* We can skip repository speed detection.
* Improve the way in which you install Ailurus.
Formerly “./configure; make; make install”. Now “python setup.py install”. The installation is much faster now.
Ailurus can be installed by these commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ailurus
If you are using Ubuntu 8.04~9.04, you can install Ailurus according to the instruction on https://launchpad.net/~ailurus/+archive/ppa .