This guide only works on i386 platforms, so if you're running an x64 linux, then you've to try again with ndiswrapper or wait for a new solution from atheros and madwifi.
1. Open you terminal
2. Get this version of madwifi:
wget -c http://snapshots.madwifi.org/special/madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz
3. Untar the downloaded package:
tar xvf madwifi-ng-r2756+ar5007.tar.gz
4. Get inside the unpacked directory:
5. If you haven't compiled anything from source before on your linux then you propably need the build essential package:
sudo apt-get update && sudo aptitude install build-essential
6. Now you can build your madwifi and install the modules:
sudo make install
sudo modprobe ath_pci
sudo modprobe wlan_scan_sta
The last 2 commands can cause some complications on some systems. If they do check your System >> Administration >> Restricted Drivers Manager and disable atheros here. Then try again.
7. Now restart your computer and you should be able to see any aviable networks in your Network Manager.
Incoming search terms:
- madwifi-ng-r2756 ar5007 tar gz download
- ubuntugeek com/atheros
- ubutu geek atheros
- atheros 5007eg with madwifi i386 plataforme