This tool was submitted through mail.DoThisNow lets you do things. In more ways than you could before.
Easily create and customize a new action (such as setting your desktop background), then choose when you want that action to run (Every 5 minutes? Every 10 days? Once on July 3rd?). Or you can simply run the action directly from the handy-dandy Gnome Statusbar menu.
Just to get your started, here's just a few examples of what you can do with DoThisNow:
1. Set your Desktop Background to change every 15 minutes.
2. Set your Desktop Background to change for specific holidays.
3. Play an "On the hour" chime.
4. Take a Screenshot and save it to any folder with date and time stamps... on any schedule you like.
5. Display ergonomic break time reminders.
6. Run backup scripts when you are asleep.
7. Auto-insert any text into any application with a quick click of the menu.
Install Dothisnow in Ubuntu
first you need to download .deb package using the following command from your terminal or from here
For 64-bit users run the following command from your terminal
After downloading .deb package you need to install using the following package
sudo dpkg -i dothisnow.deb