Font Manager – A font management application for the GNOME desktop
Font Manager currently allows the user to:
* Preview installed fonts
* Compare installed fonts
* Easily install or remove fonts
* Easily activate and de-activate installed fonts
* Specify different directories to search for fonts
* Group fonts into "Collections", and easily activate or de-activate groups of fonts
* Export "Collections" to an archive for easy backup, sharing, etc.
* Provides quick access to the users font folder, GNOME font settings, Character Map, etc.
Install font manager in Ubuntu
First you need to download .deb package from here or run the following command from your terminal
Now you need to install .deb package by double clicking or run the the following command from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i font-manager_0.4.4-1_all.deb
Nice program. One small remark: would be nice if in the font display, the default display would be ‘Regular’ or ‘Standard’, instead of (alphabetical ordered?) ‘Bold’ etc. Many fonts don’t look very nice when rendered Bold by default, makes quick scan and selection more difficult. Apart from that, thanks for the program!
Hiya – hey if I activate a ‘collection’ does that only fonts in that collection should appear in say Inkscape?
I am looking for a way to restrict what fonts Inkscape sees depending on what I am working on.
When I run Font Manager it starts to initialize saying “Querying installed files…” but quickly hangs. An Exit needs to use the Force Quit and then I get the “Not responding” message. So there is something wrong with this version of Font Manager or its integrating with Ubuntu 16.04.
I run 64-bit version of Ubuntu.
How could that be fixed?