GTG uses a very handy text edition system for task creation and edition. The task editor can automatically recognize metadata such as tags and subtasks only by the use of a very simple syntax. If you wanna know more about this, please read Getting Started With GTG.
Getting Things Gnome is build around some key concepts :
1. Never get in your way : you should be able to add task and write them as you think. No fields, complicated buttons. You think about it and it's in GTG
2. Every task is only a list of subtask. Because moving a mountain is only a matter of moving big chunk of rock. And moving big chunk of rock is only a matter of moving small rocks. (In your task description, just begin a line with "-" and a new subtask will be automatically created)
3. Use it at your convenience : use tags if you want to sort tasks (a word begining with "@" is automatically a tag). Use subtasks if you want. Find your own workflow.
4. All your tasks in one place. From the lightbulb to your lifetime achievement. All your tasks from the past, the present and the future in one application.
5. Live you life, don't organize it. GTG workview only display tasks you can do **now** and **here**. It doesn't display tasks that depends on another tasks, tasks that cannot start before a given date or tag with tags you have marked as non workable (like an "@someday" tag)
6. Usability. We don't want thousands of options. We want to follow the Gnome HIG and we aim to be simple but powerful at the same time.
7. Integrated with your desktop. We aim to become a Gnome project. We hope, in the future, to integrate more and more with your gnome desktop and other applications.
8. Community. Getting Things Gnome is not about having our own 5 minutes of fame or being our own applications. We need your feedback, we welcome all new ideas. The discussion is always open.
Install GTG in ubuntu
For karmic users run the following command from terminal
sudo apt-get install gtg
Ubuntu 9.04,8.10 users follow this guide
First you need to edit /etc/apt/sources.list file
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
For Jaunty users add the following lines
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gtg/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/gtg/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
For Intrepid users add the following lines
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gtg/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/gtg/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
Save and exit the file
Add gpg key
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 7AC9B38F
Update source list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gtg
Incoming search terms:
- gnome organizer
- getting things gnome
- gtg ubuntu
- ubuntu gtg
- gtk gnome organizer
- ubuntu desktop organizer
- gtg@caucasus net loc:ES
- SYNTAX gtg
- ubuntu Getting Things GNOME 使用