If you want to fix this follow this procedure
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-dev
sudo vi /etc/default/linux-restricted-modules*
Change the DISABLED_MODULES="" to DISABLED_MODULES="nv"
Save the file and exit.Now you need to reboot your machine.
After reboot, download the proper driver package from the nVidia website and save it somewhere where you can easily access it.
Now you need to press Ctrl-Alt-F2 to open up a console and login
Use the following command to shutdown Xorg
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop
Now run the following command from the location where you saved the nV file.
sudo sh NV*
Run through the installer and tell it to update your xorg.conf for you.
Reboot once again (just type reboot at the console) and you should have full nVidia acceleration.
Incoming search terms:
- It appears that an X server is running Please exit X before installation
- error:you appear to be running an X servr
- You appear to be running an X server; please exit X before installing For fur
- X Server is now disabled
- ubuntu nvidia You appear to be running an X server;
- the x server is now disabled restrat gdm
- running an X server; please exit X
- nvidia com You do not appear to have an NVIDIA GPU supported by the 331 38 NVIDIA Linux graphics driver installed in this system For further details please see the appendix SUPPORTED NVIDIA GRAPHICS CHIPS in the README available on the Linux driver downlo
- Debian X server appears to be running ERROR: You appear to be running an X server; please exit X before installing For further details please see the chapter Installing the NVIDIA Driver in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www nvi
- It appears that an X server is running Please exit X before instal