How to install luckyBackup 0.4.2 in ubuntu 10.04/9.10
a powerful, fast and reliable backup & sync tool
What is new in 0.4.2
* Added extra description field for profiles and individual tasks.
* Change .profile files to simple text so that they can be edited directly (original profiles are backed-up to ~/.luckyBackup/profiles/backups/ just in case).
* Improved logviewer to handle huge files much faster.
* Fixed issue: Normal user menu entry title is "luckybackup (super user)".
* Fixed issue: When using remote destination, a directory named exactly as the destination, will be created localy.
* Fixed issue: Non-workings links inside manual, when application is run from command-line
* Fixed issue: The gui freezes when huge amount of information is desplayed in the "commands output" window
* Updated manual
Install luckyBackup 0.4.2 in ubuntu 10.04/9.10
You need to download deb packages from here you can install these deb packages by double clicking on it or run the following commad from your terminal (make sure you are in correct directory)
sudo dpkg -i luckybackup_0.4.2-1_i386.lucid.deb
If you see any errors run the following command from your terminal
sudo apt-get -f install
I tried luckybackup and was unimpressed. I use Deja Dup now on every machine and it’s dead simple to use in Gnome. https://launchpad.net/deja-dup