How to install qBittorrent in ubuntu 10.10/10.04 Using PPA
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent v2 Features
* Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
* Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine
o Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites
o Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
* All Bittorrent extensions
o DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
* Remote control through a Web user interface
o Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
* Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
o Torrents queueing and prioritizing
o Torrent content selection and prioritizing
* UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
* Available in ~25 languages (Unicode support)
* Torrent creation tool
* Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
* Bandwidth scheduler
* IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
* IPv6 compliant
* Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Install qBittorrent in ubuntu 10.10/10.04 Using PPA
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
I’ll give this a try. I was JUST upgrading my workstation and was about to re-install VUZE, when I saw this.
This might work better for me.
is this better than deluge?will it accept half downloaded file via deluge?
hw to install qbittorrent
Thanks for guide.100 % works on 10.10.
This is not working for me, i am using kali-linux. it is like ubuntu.