This package depends on some commonly used packages in the Ubuntu multiverse repository.
Installing this package will pull in support for MP3 playback and decoding, support for various other audio formats (GStreamer plugins), Microsoft fonts, Java runtime environment, Flash plugin, LAME (to create compressed audio files), and DVD playback.
Please note that this does not install libdvdcss2, and will not let you play encrypted DVDs. For more information, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/PlayingDVDs
Please also note that packages from multiverse are restricted by copyright or legal issues in some countries. See http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/licensing for more information.
To install this you have two way 1. Ubuntu Software Center 2. Through Terminal
1. Go to Ubuntu Software Center and type in surch box Ubuntu Restricted Extras
2. Through Terminal
To get started, press Ctrl – Alt – T on your keyboard to open Terminal.
When Terminal opens, type the command below and press Enter to install.
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu restricted extras
- install ubuntu restricted extras
- how to install ubuntu restricted extras
- install ubuntu restricted extras terminal
- ubuntu restricted
- restricted extras
- ubuntu restricted extras terminal
- ubuntu restricted extras install
- install ubuntu-restricted-extras