- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Information.
- Click Start, click Run, type msinfo32.exe in the Open box, and then click OK.
In the same way in Ubuntu system you want to see computer and system information in Graphical mode you have to install Sysinfo
What is Sysinfo:- Sysinfo is a graphical tool that is able to display some hardware and software information about the computer it is run on.
It is able to recognize information about:
. System(Linux distribution release, versions of GNOME,Kernel,gcc and Xorg and hostname);
. CPU (vendor identification, model name, frequency, level2 cache, bogomips, model numbers and
. Memory(total system RAM, free memory, swap space total and free cached, active, inactive
. Storage (IDE interface all IDE devices, SCSI devices);
. Hardware (motherboard, graphic card, sound card, network devices);
. NVIDIA graphic card: Only with NVIDA display driver installed.
How to install Sysinfo in Ubuntu 10.10
first you have to go Applications ---> Ubuntu software Center and press it
after opening Ubuntu Software Center in such box just type sysinfo
and press enter,
and now you will see sysinfo (Display detailed computer/system information) on that just press it
you will see two option one is install and second more-info if you want to read more information about sysinfo you have press more info button and you will see information about sysinfo.
(OR) you want to install sysinfo just press install button it will install sysinfo
you have to go Application --> Accessories --> Terminal and type this command
sudo apt-get install sysinfo
after installation is over now you want to see your system information now you have go
applications --> system tool --> sysinfo and press it
you will see a new box called sysinfo
in that left side five option
If you press CPU you will get all information of you computer CPU information.
In this way you can see almost all the information about your system
That all enjoy now
Allu John Sudhakar
UCE, OU Osmania University
Incoming search terms:
- system info in ubuntu
- how to check system information in ubuntu
- how to find system information in ubuntu
- how to check system info in ubuntu
- how to know system information in ubuntu
- how to view system information in ubuntu
- ubuntu find system information
- ubuntu view system information
- ubuntu check system information
- ubuntu show system info