You can upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS from either Ubuntu 18.04 LTS or Ubuntu 19.10.Ensure that you have all updates installed for your current version of Ubuntu before you upgrade.Confirm that you also have a network connectivity to one of the official mirrors or to a locally accessible mirror as there are no offline upgrade options.
Procedure to Follow
- Open the "Software & Updates" Setting in System Settings.
- Select the 3rd Tab called "Updates".
- Set the "Notify me of a new Ubuntu version" drop down menu to "For any new version" if you are using 19.10; set it to "For long-term support versions" if you are using 18.04 LTS.
- Press Alt+F2 and type update-manager -c into the command box if you are using 19.10; type update-manager -c -d if you are using 18.04 LTS.
- Update Manager should open up and tell you that Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is now available.
- Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.