Here’s what file browser looks like when browsing the root file system normally
As you can see, all of the hidden/system folders are not shown. If you hit Ctrl+H at this screen, you will immediately see all the hidden files.
If you would just prefer to make this be the default setting when using file browser, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
Check the “Show hidden and backup files” checkbox, and you should now see the hidden files all of the time.
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu 12 10 show hidden files
- ubuntu show hidden files command line
- show hidden files ubuntu 12 10
- ubuntu 12 10 view hidden files
- gnome show hidden files
- how to view hidden files in ubuntu 12 04
- how to show hidden files in ubuntu 12 10
- command to see hidden files in ubuntu
- command to show hidden files ubuntu
- ubuntu files