Here’s what file browser looks like when browsing the root file system normally
As you can see, all of the hidden/system folders are not shown. If you hit Ctrl+H at this screen, you will immediately see all the hidden files.
If you would just prefer to make this be the default setting when using file browser, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
Check the “Show hidden and backup files” checkbox, and you should now see the hidden files all of the time.
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu show hidden files
- view hidden folders ubuntu
- view hidden files ubuntu
- ubuntu view hidden folders
- ubuntu show hidden files command line
- ubuntu ls hide
- ubuntu accessing a hidden file
- show hidden files in ubuntu 14 04 command line
- show hidden files
- files and folders