Here’s what file browser looks like when browsing the root file system normally
As you can see, all of the hidden/system folders are not shown. If you hit Ctrl+H at this screen, you will immediately see all the hidden files.
If you would just prefer to make this be the default setting when using file browser, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
Check the “Show hidden and backup files” checkbox, and you should now see the hidden files all of the time.
Incoming search terms:
- how to show hidden files in ubuntu 12 10
- ubuntu show hidden files
- command to show hidden files ubuntu
- ubuntu command line show hidden files
- ubuntu 12 04 view hidden files command line
- command to show hidden files in ubuntu
- view hidden files ubuntu command line
- view hidden folders ubuntu
- hidden files in ubuntu
- ubuntu gnome show hidden files