Howto upgrade ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) to 9.10 (Karmic) Desktop/Server
- Be sure that you have all updates applied to Ubuntu 9.04 before you upgrade.
- Take a complete backup of your ubuntu system
Procedure to upgrade ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) to 9.10 (Karmic) Desktop
You can easily upgrade over the network with the following procedure.
1. Start System/Administration/Update Manager
2. Click the Check button to check for new updates.
3. If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
4. A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release.
5. Click Upgrade.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
For more detailed upgrade instructions check this
Procedure to upgrade ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) to 9.10 (Karmic) Server
1.Install update-manager-core if it is not already installed:
sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
2.Launch the upgrade tool:
3.Follow the on-screen instructions.
Unable to login after upgrade to karmic [Solved]
I have upgraded to Karmic…
I didn’t notice much of a change other than the screen during bootup…
– Bootup time seems to be more
– Audio is having problems (as noted by lots of other users)
I will try out the Windows 7 theme 🙂
More infomation about the “nomodeset” option here http://www.antiyes.com/dell-studio-15-ubuntu-910-install
Trying this for fun doing a desktop install of 9.10 and then trying to up grade to 10.04 server using the steps above.
AMD 4 core asus MB
this is probably to late to ask this, but uprading ubunut 9.04 to 9.10 should still be possible.
update manager is showing another version.
terminal says (on trying these two inputs):
“Checking for a new ubuntu release
No new release found”
any help? couldn’t find any
I was in the same boat. Change the file
for the section 9.10
Supported: 0 new value 1
Also if you havent already done so change each url to be old-releases.ubuntu.com —
I tried to upgrade Jaunty to Karmic, but the tool
doesn’t support upgrade to Lucid. So it doesn’t work for me. Don’t know how?