What is new 0.48.1
Many small regressions in the node tool were fixed. Here are some examples:
* Shift will turn off snapping in the node tool. Bug #588628
* Duplication of nodes in the node tool using Shift+D works again. Bug #555449
* Changing all selected segments into straight lines in the node tool using Shift+L works again. Bug #532905
* Changing the type of nodes to cusp will retract their handles only if all selected nodes are already cusp. This improves usability when working with selections that contain both cusp and smooth nodes.
* Exporting of masks has been substantially improved in all Cairo-based output formats.
* Several crash bugs in the node tool have been fixed. Bug #544599, Bug #591986, Bug #605575
* Rulers are redrawn properly with recent versions of GTK. Bug #627134
* Unlinking an orphaned clone no longer causes a crash. Bug #675309
* Problems with extensions sometimes not working at all on Mac OS X have been fixed. Bug #482993
* Inkscape should no longer crash due to missing icons at startup or when opening the document properties dialog. Bug #658055, Bug #651678
* Shift-clicking on the top rounding handle of a rectangle will no longer cause a crash. Bug #680520
* Inkscape builds correctly with recent versions of Poppler. Bug #676271
* Stamping in the node tool does not work.
* Closing an unchanged document that contains connectors might ask to save, as if the document was modified. Pressing Ctrl+Z before closing will avoid bringing up the dialog.
Install Inkscape 0.48.1 in Ubuntu using PPA
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ricotz/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install inkscape
Incoming search terms:
- inkscape ppa
- ppa inkscape
- inkscape ubuntu ppa
- inkscape ubuntu install
- inkscape ppa ubuntu
- install inkscape in ubuntu
- inkscape download for ubuntu
- inkscape ubuntu
- ubuntu inkscape ppa