Install inSSIDer 2 wifi scanner in ubuntu using .deb package
inSSIDer is FREE, open-source Wi-Fi scanning software. And yet you want to know more. Wow. you truly are our type of geek. Take a look at the features below to see what makes inSSIDer special.
What's Unique about inSSIDer?
* Compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32 and 64-bit)
* Uses the Native Wi-Fi API and your current Wireless network card
* Sort results by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and "Time Last Seen"
* Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher)
How can inSSIDer help me?
* Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points
* Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time
* Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
* Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
* Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
* Filter through hundreds of scanned access points
Install inSSIDer 2 in ubuntu
Download deb packages from here
Once you have deb packages you can install by double clicking on it or run the following command from your terminal
sudo dpkg -i inssider_0.1.0.0111_i386.deb