To day I have installed Latest Windows 7 and Latest Ubuntu 10.10 on my office system (Dual booting). This two operating system which I installed in HP dx 7200 micro towers.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7201) (7201.winmain_win7ids.090601-1516)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Compaq dx7200 Microtower
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3584MB RAM
Card name: Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series (Microsoft Corporation -- WDDM)
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
SAMSUNG HD 321HJ of 500 GB.
First I completely formatted the hard disk
Second I made three partitions in hard disk (C, D & E)
In partition C I installed windows 7 (First windows should be installed in newly formatted hard disk)
And in partition E I installed Ubuntu 10.10
After Installation you will see a box in booting time in that you have to choose which operating system you have to run.
Booting box looks like this
GNU GRUB VERSION 1.98+20100804-5 Ubuntu3
Ubuntu,with Linux 2.6.35-22-generic
Ubuntu,with Linux 2.6.35-22-generic (Recovery mode)
Memory test (Memtest 86+)
Memory test (Memtest 86+ serial console 115200)
Windows 7 (loader) (on /dev/sda1)
In this way I have successfully installed windows7 and Ubuntu 10.10 on HP system in my office. Do the same thing and enjoy.
All the best
Allu John Sudhakar
UCE, OU Osmania University
Incoming search terms:
- how to install dual os windows 7 and ubuntu
- how to install dual os windows7 and ubuntu
- installing ubuntu 10 10 on windows 7
- Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
- ubuntu 10 10 for windows 7
- install ubuntu 10 10 with windows 7
- ubuntu драйверы для ati radeon x300/x550/x1050
- ATI Technologies Inc Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
- how to install ubuntu10 on windows 7 dual boot
- windows7 driver Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)