Photivo – Free and open source photo processor
Photivo tries to provide the best algorithms available; even if this implies some redundancy. So, to my knowledge, it offers the most flexible and powerful denoise, sharpen and local contrast (fake HDR) algorithms in the open source world. (If not, let's port them ;-)) Although, to get the desired results, there may be a quite steep learning curve ;-).
Photivo is just a developer, no manager and no “Gimp”. It is intended to be used in a workflow together with digiKam/F-Spot/Shotwell and Gimp. It needs a quite strong computer and is not aimed at beginners.
* 16-bit internal processing, color managed with LCMS2.
* Gimp workflow integration (import and export)
* Works with RAWs and Bitmaps (8 bit bitmaps are transformed and processed with 16 bit, which usually gives better results).
* CA correction, Green equilibration, line denoise, badpixel reduction, wavelet denoise, median filters on RAW data.
* Perspective correction (tilt and turn)
* Demosaicing: Bilinear, VNG, VNG4, PPG, AHD, DCB, mod. AHD, VCD, LMMSE, AMaZE (needs work!).
* RGB, R, G, B, L*, a*, b*, Texture, Detail, Hue, Saturation, L* by Hue, Base curve.
* Tonemapping (Reinhard 05 (RGB Brighten), Fattal et al. (Dynamic range compress)).
* Several local contrast filters (HiRaLoAm (Local contrast), texture contrast, local contrast stretch).
* Sharpen (Edge avoiding wavlets, USM, Highpass, Inverse diffusion, Wiener filter, Gradient sharpen).
* Denoise, seperately on Luminance and Color (Edge avoiding wavlets, GreyCStoration, Wavelet, Masked bilateral, Pyramid).
* Adaptive saturation.
* Film grain simulation.
* Black and white conversion.
* (Split) Toning.
* Cross processing.
* Gradual overlay (like Cokin filters).
* Softglow / Orton.
* Texture overlay (external texture)
* Batch mode.
Install Photivo in ubuntu using PPA
Open the terminal and run the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install photivo