Codenamed "Quantal Quetzal", 12.10 continues Ubuntu’s proud tradition of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution. The team has been hard at work through this cycle, introducing new features and fixing bugs.
With Ubuntu 12.10, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu Studio also reached Beta 2 status today. These images will continue to have daily updates for the remainder of the release.
Some of the new features available since Beta 1 are:
Quantal Beta-2 includes the 3.5.0-15.23 Ubuntu Linux kernel which is based on the v3.5.4 upstream Linux kernel.
Unity has been updated to version 6.6 which contains the new default web application in the launcher, a new shopping lens, improvements to the dash and multiple bug fixes.
GNOME has been updated to 3.5.92 for most components (some to 3.6.0)
Download ubuntu 12.10 beta 2
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/download (Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server) .
In addition they can be found at the following links:
- http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.10/ (Ubuntu, Ubuntu Server)
- http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Ubuntu Cloud Images)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Ubuntu community supported images, source)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Ubuntu Core)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/12.10/ (Ubuntu Netboot)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Kubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Edubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Ubuntu Studio)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Lubuntu)
- http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/12.10/beta-2/ (Xubuntu)